This Page

has been moved to new address

Movies You Are Embarrassed to Admit You Love

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Movies You Are Embarrassed to Admit You Love

This is always a fun topic that can branch out to songs on your iPod or TV shows you are embarrassed to watch. I am pretty easy-going when it comes to watching movies. Even in the worst movies, I can find something to escape into whether it is a cute guy, a love story or a nap. :) Leo is the most selfish movie-goer there is. So much so that even when we've wanted to take the kids to the movies, he chimes in on the kids' movies that he doesn't want to see. The last three movies we saw together have turned me off of seeing movies with him at all. There are really only two movies that I can honestly say were a complete and utter waste of my time. The first was Borat. To add insult to injury, it was my choice because we were arguing over two other movies and I finally said, let's just see that. I thought Borat was a cute, little movie about a  foreign man who travels the U.S. screwing things up (the only preview I paid attention to was the one where he mixed up a turtle and a dog). Sitting two rows from the front and finding out in scene two that it was NOT that kind of movie, was strike one. Another movie that Leo and I saw that wasn't a waste of time, I just didn't like it was some foreign movie about a girl that escapes her life into an even scarier fantasy life. I did thoroughly enjoy watching Leo read the subtitles knowing he doesn't like movies with subtitles. We are not really the foreign film movie-goer types. My last straw was the movie Tropic Thunder. I'm sure this is a guy thing but I just thought it was 2 hours of my life I was never getting back.

Anyway, that being said there are some pretty bad movies that I can't help but love. Here goes risking the embarrassment of bad taste.

Urban Cowboy: From the time it came out until today, I can't not watch this movie. I can recite all the lines and still love the simple love story that was Bud and Sissy. Who doesn't love a movie that has the line, "My legs are sweatin', Mama."?

Grease 2: I know this one was bad. I don't even think Michelle Pfeiffer has this on her movie credits but I don't care. My sisters and I would belt out all the songs (even the reproduction one and I'm sorry, I still don't know what "make my stamen go to work" means?) and I had a mad crush on Goose. I swear my sisters and I could still recite the four seasons song ("I'll be yours in summer when the flowers are in bloom. We'll wander through the meadow in all their sweet perfume) and I wanted my own "Cool Rider" ("I want a whole lot more than the boy next door. I want Hell on wheels).

The Pirate Movie: I loved, loved, loved this movie and it really was the dumbest movie ever. I thought Christopher Adkins and Kristy McNichol were so cute together and I was young and the love story appealed to me. I must have had a thing with musicals because I think both this movie and Grease 2 came out around the same time. I loved the songs about first love that were in this movie.

Little Darlings: It wasn't that this movie was bad or that I am embarrassed to admit how much I love it. It's that I am pretty sure when it was my favorite, I was too young to be watching a movie about two young girls losing their virginity. I'm pretty sure that is where my crush on Matt Dillon started.

Band of the Hand: Even the title sounds corny. It was about 5 rebel guys that had to go to some boot camp in order to stay out of jail. I have no idea why I liked this movie except surprise, surprise, there was a cute guy and it was a movie about friendship (as screwed up as it was).

The Favor: This movie had a lot of big names in it. Bill Pullman, Elizabeth McGovern and Brad Pitt. It was a dumb, dumb movie about a disgruntled housewife but it had Ken Wahl in it and he was a fave (forgot to put him on my crush list but that is mostly because no one has ever heard of him). Brad Pitt was pretty cute in it too.

The Golden Child: I thought Eddie Murphy was hilarious in this movie but it was definitely not winning any awards.

Legend: I am not a Tom Cruise fan so I am not even sure what the appeal of this movie was. I think I saw it with Leo so maybe it had an emotional tie to it. I love the song at the end by Yes but I can't find it anywhere except on the soundtrack and I don't want the whole CD.

If I really think about it, I probably could come up with more but I'll stop there. Feel free to chime in with movies you are embarrassed to admit you love.

2 Comments:

At September 2, 2011 at 5:13 AM , Blogger Kendra Mareva said...

omg, Borat and Tropic Thunder. Ugh. Couldn't agree more with you there.

 
At September 7, 2011 at 7:01 AM , Blogger David Andrews said...

Nice blog AnnMarie, when you have the time, check out my Borat post, because I think that you like it - http://www.comicbookandmoviereviews.com/2011/09/borat-cultural-learnings-of-america-for.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home