This Page

has been moved to new address

A Shopper, She is Not

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Shopper, She is Not

I was going to do the "Santa" post but I can't do that one yet. I am too frustrated to collect my thoughts on that topic and it's a big one so it will have to wait until this weekend.

My cleaning lady blew me off yesterday. They might hate me which, as a friend pointed out, is really unfair since they haven't seen my new and improved house. Before Gia, if that happened, it was a bummer but wasn't that big of a deal. Let me explain why when it happens now, it is a major pain in my butt. Gia sleeps until about 8 or 9 in the morning. The last email that the cleaning lady sent me was that a lady could come at 8. I sent one back saying that was too early and I understood if I had to have someone different but could she come at 9 or 10. Gia takes an afternoon nap so the 12 spot that she was originally doing was not working anymore. I heard nothing back so I had no idea if she was coming at 8, 9 or 12. Gia woke up at 8 and the house was ready so I wasn't stressing too much except that Gia woke up crabby so ordinarily, I'd put her back down around 10 and sometimes, she'd take a morning nap as well (those are really great days). Eight o'clock comes and goes and nothing. Nine o'clock rolls around and still nothing. I want to be here to see her face when she sees how neat it is so I can't just leave. By 11:00, the errands I planned to run still had to get done so I sadly left thinking she was going to be there at 12:00. Now, I should mention that I called and texted her three times (the boss's daughter) asking when I could expect someone and I never heard back. I just don't understand how you run a business and you don't call, email or text back.

Gia loves soup and the souffles at Panera so I took her there for lunch figuring if she ate first, she'd be in good spirits while I shopped. At Panera, I had one of those moments that I often have with Gia where we were in a crowded restaurant but it felt like it was just the two of us giggling and laughing. The rest of the world seemed to fade away. I love those moments and have had to really hang onto that one due to what followed. The fourth graders do a Christmas project that I know is very lovely when you think about it but I don't really appreciate projects that I have to go buy a lot of supplies for at stores where I have no idea what I am doing. I thought while the cleaning lady was there I could go to that store, Target to pick up Nico's antibiotic and buy Belle winter boots (size 5/6 if anyone is giving any away) and Toys R Us for some Christmas gifts. It was a day that I had planned to get a lot of things done and then come home to a really clean house. HAH!

Have you ever taken a toddler to JoAnn Fabrics? I tried to get her to sit in the cart but she looked at the small space and gave me a face that said, "No way!" I hurriedly looked for someone to help me find the supplies I needed (x2) because I knew I was on borrowed time with Gia running the aisles. Usually, I find someone and she walks with me showing me what I need and then I check out. The whole thing takes about ten minutes. No such luck. I asked a person who doesn't do that. She stood and pointed at the three places nowhere near each other where I had to go. I went to fabric first (by the door where Gia thought it was hysterical to run out each time someone came in) picked out two patterns that were alike but different so the twins wouldn't argue over whose was better and which child I loved best. Then I finally got Gia away from the door and we headed to the floral department to buy the cones. It took me a minute to figure out which ones were the medium ones and when I turned around Gia had about five clay planter bottoms teetering between the shelf and her little hand. I gasped and ran to grab them before they fell which caused her to start running away from me. In her other hand was a glass vase that she was holding up over her head while she ran away laughing. I caught her, took the vase away and a huge melt down followed. The kicking, screaming, hitting, flailing limbs melt down. I looked at my card that was half way filled and tried to contain my out of control toddler and decided it wasn't worth it and left. She screamed from JoAnn Fabrics all the way to Target (about a 5 minute drive). It was 12:30 so I knew my cleaning lady was there and that I couldn't put Gia down for a much needed nap so it was my intent to get the Target part done. While driving there, I passed my house and saw that the cleaning lady STILL wasn't there. I got to Target, Gia was still screaming and I didn't even bother going in. I turned around having a very angry conversation in my head with the cleaning lady about how since she was late, she could do the bottom of my house and the bathrooms and I'd pay her half. Gia took a nap while I waiting and sulked with disappointment at how I keep saying I am going to find someone new but I never do.

She never showed. She finally texted me back last night saying I wasn't on the schedule and someone could come today at 9. I said that was fine and that it was my normal day that we had to cancel two weeks ago because we were redoing the house. We tried for last week but the times wouldn't work. I reminded her that she was supposed to get back to me on what time and that I should have been on the schedule. I didn't hear back and wasn't surprised. Now I have to be out of the house at 9 and try the shopping thing again. Not looking forward to it. Two of my friends came and we finished the kitchen so the house is officially done with the purging part and I am in the process of getting quotes on carpet cleaning. If you ever wanted to do a popover visit over here, now is the time to do it.

And yes, I am looking for a new cleaning lady because apparently...you do get what you pay for.

2 Comments:

At December 5, 2011 at 7:20 PM , Blogger RAH said...

After, all ~ when your people flake... it's time to get some new people. Last Friday @ 2pm my dance teacher calls - can't make it for the class at 8pm.
Found a new hostess and a new dance teacher in time for showtime.

Never let 'em run your life... you run It girl.

 
At December 6, 2011 at 7:30 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

It is time to get new people! You're right...they work for me...why am I letting them run the show?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home