This Page

has been moved to new address

Saturday Thoughts: Battleship and Poker

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday Thoughts: Battleship and Poker


I saw Battleship and because I hate when people build things up to a level that cannot ever be met (hello, The Hangover and 50 Shades of Grey), I will only say that I liked it a lot. Tommy loved it and both of us got teary eyed at parts and cheered at parts. It is the perfect, "take your son to the movies" movie. It's probably PG13 because they swear a few times and they are at war with aliens but I never felt like it was overly violent. I think if you like movies like Transformers or Armageddon, then you'll like this one. It doesn't hurt that my absolute favorite celeb crush is in it, Taylor Kitsch (loved him in it...it was like Tim Riggins joined the Navy) and I have to say, Alexander Skarsgard is much easier on the eyes than I had previously thought. I know he is campaigning for the role of Christian Grey and I say, "Yes! Give it to him!" So cute. It was an added bonus that Landry from Friday Night Lights was in it and it made my heart feel warm and fuzzy to see Landry and Riggins together again. I really liked Rhianna, thought Brooklyn Decker looked gorgeous and as a special treat, Matthew, from The New Adventures of the Old Christine was in it, too. Love, love, love that I made a memory with Tommy. I can't wait until Brave comes out so I can make one with Belle. Would love to make one with Nico except he doesn't sit still long enough for me to do so.

My absolute hatred for the poker club still knows no bounds. Flying solo on a Friday night is stressful. I do think Leo deserves to play poker once a month or a few times a year. Do I think he needs a set time to do it like the third Friday of EVERY month? NO! Our lives are not moving in a direction where this is possible. For instance, how am I supposed to stay happy and chipper when he was gone last night, will be in Wisconsin for a baseball tournament all day today and then leaving for Canada for work on Monday. In normal husband/father lives, the guy would tell his buddies, "Sorry, not going to make poker tonight. We have a lot going on and I need to be home." My good friend, Linda Milani (she said I could use her name) has informed me that her husband does the poker club with a partner so they split the time. Leo and I had a discussion because I think that should be the only way he should continue and he has informed me that he doesn't want to do that (of course not) and that he'd rather not do it at all if he has to it that way. Leo, Leo, Leo...really? Does he not get that either way, I'd be happy? He either does half or none...GREAT!

Ugh, I said I wasn't going to blog angry and I am. I need to stop or I'll end up writing what I really want to say and it will be ugly.

I will end this and say after days like yesterday after school, I wish I either home schooled or lived on an island. Why can't everyone just be nice to each other? Belle needs to make some changes. I want to see the sunshine in her eyes again instead of the hurt.

I am off to cheerleading uniform fittings where I think they should serve A LOT of alcohol and then to my mom's to celebrate my sister, LeeAnna's birthday. Love you, LeeAnna. You bring a ray of sunshine to everyone that knows you!

Happy Saturday! What are your plans for enjoying the day?

6 Comments:

At May 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM , Blogger The Dose of Reality said...

I type this as my hubby is playing cricket. ALL DAY. Which he does for 6 months out of the year. Practice once a week (did I mention yet that it takes place on dance night, which I now have to find childcare for because he is no longer able to be home to help with the four year-old???)and then games on what seems like every weekend (he would tell you it is not every weekend, of course). And when it comes up in a "discussion" and I suggest perhaps scaling back his involvement he says EXACTLY what your hubby says...it is all or nothing for him. And because I don't want to be a sucktastic wife who buzzkills his fun, I just secretly feel bitter and hostile for the 87 hours in a row that he is gone and count the moments until my next mom's night out! ;)
By the way, my hubby leaves Tuesday morning for Canada for work (which also happens to be the last week of school for our 2nd grader) so I also greatly related to that part of your post, too! :)

 
At May 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

I am laughing so hard over here about "sucktastic wife who is a buzzkill"! I am SO tired of being the villain so I get that. I am also tired of reminding him that I was not the next Virgin Mother and it took both of us to have these kids. I have had to get a babysitter more than a few times because of his "hobbies" (last night being one...it's a shame that they couldn't move the Battleship premiere to accomodate Leo's poker club). We really do have a lot in common, don't we?

 
At May 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

My husband used to do this too. His friends still do, but somehow I've managed to get him out of it. I'm not sure how, but if I figure that out I'll pass my secret along to you! ;)

 
At May 21, 2012 at 3:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE that the term "blog angry"--always get myself into trouble when I do and should probably get a t-shirt made to remind myself to avoid this ;) Also, good gracious, cheerleading uniform fittings?! They'd better serve alcohol if I ever was to show up to something like that :) Now following you!

 
At May 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Yes, please do! I've tried everything and so far...nothing is working.

 
At May 21, 2012 at 10:08 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Thanks for the follow! I have blogged angry a few times and it's funny...I've gotten a lot of feedback from people saying, "I feel the same way!" I've only ever taken down one post from blogging angry and boy did it feel good to get out but in lashing out, I hit a few innocent parties. :)

The fitting actually went super fast but not without some drama. I'm thinking about blogging about it because I am at a loss.

Heading over to check yours out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home