This Page

has been moved to new address

You're My Favorite

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Sunday, May 6, 2012

You're My Favorite

As parents we aren't supposed to have favorites. We tease my mom all the time telling her we know which daughter is her favorite. It's not politically correct to say we like one kid more than the other. Well, I'm not always politically correct and I'm here to tell you that if you sit there and say that you've never felt a little more "warmly" toward one of your kids at any given time, I will tell you that you are being less than honest with yourself. You can't help but feel fondly toward the kid that is the easiest or most loving. There are times when one child will yell, "You like him better than me!" I'll answer that honestly and say, "Right now, he's being nicer to me than you." Today I am going to set the record straight:

Nico, you are my favorite because you think I am the smartest person in the world. Sometimes you say I have no clue but then in the next breath you are asking my advice or I hear you say to your friends, "Ask my mom, she'll know." You have the most common sense out of all the kids and just "get it". You strive to be the best and I love that I don't have to nag you to get good grades. You are like your dad with his mannerisms and his ability to make people laugh without knowing he's funny but you are like me with your openness and affection. You are my favorite because you are nice to everyone and make everyone you talk to feel like the most important person in the world.

Tommy, you are my favorite because you are the cuddliest, most lovable kid I could ask for. You come up to me out of nowhere and tell me how much you love me or how pretty I am (even when I am in over-sized pajamas and a goomba in my hair). You can charm the coldest, meanest people out there with just your smile or your laugh. I think your favorite thing in the world is to be in the spotlight. You are one of the funniest kids I know without trying at all to be funny. You are a self-driven work horse that never backs down from a challenge. It is a rare day that you are in a bad mood. You are my favorite because most of the time, you are my easiest.


Isabella, you are my favorite because you have my back. You are loyal and helpful and when you feel something, you feel it with your whole heart (good and bad). You always want to do the right thing and right now, I don't worry about you making bad choices. You are my favorite because you are the only one that I think takes what I say to heart. You really listen and try to be a better person. You want to take on the world in some way but haven't figured out which yet. I knew you would be a great sister but seeing you with Gia makes me think that your real talent lies in working with kids.You are so good and I cherish the fact that you are my daughter.



Gia, you are my favorite because you haven't learned to not like me yet. You let me smother you with kisses and hugs and you just giggle. You see wonder in everything and are excited about everything from Minnie's Bow Toons to your big girl bed. You have the ability to make me forget how crappy a day is going and make me feel like I am the best mommy in the world. Of all the kids, you are the only toddler that will sit on my lap and listen to more than one story. You know all the words to "You are My Sunshine" and "Let it Be." You are my favorite because you are like a little ray of sunshine living in this house.

This always helps me appreciate the kids and focus on what they do that makes me smile instead of focusing on what they do that makes me crazy. I just read it to the boys and they got a kick out of the whole thing. They couldn't understand why I didn't include Leo. I don't know if it is funny or sad to have to explain that he's not one of the kids.




So fess up, what makes a kid your favorite?

10 Comments:

At May 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I admit, depending on the day and the moment I have warmer feelings towards one over another. I think it's just human nature to feel that way.

If they are listening and being kind, they're my favorite. If they're yelling and disrespectful? Forget it! ;)

 
At May 7, 2012 at 4:50 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Exactly! I love that you said that it is human nature because I think so too!

 
At May 7, 2012 at 5:58 AM , Blogger Alison said...

I love this! I think parents have their favorites - it just changes by the minute :)

 
At May 7, 2012 at 6:43 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

It definitely does! Thanks for the kind words!

 
At May 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM , Blogger mCat said...

I had to laugh at this post because we told our boys all their lives that the other one was our favorite.

"Why do you let Preston do..."
"cause he's our favorite"

Next day Preston is asking
"why does Luke get to do ....
"cause he's our favorite"

Next day Corbin is asking the same thing about one or the other of his brothers and the same reply.

They look back now and realize that with all our teasing, they are really all our favorites.

I love it when I hear them use it against each other now.

 
At May 7, 2012 at 1:58 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

That is so funny! I have been known to say when they ask why their sibling gets to do something they can't, "Because I like him/her better." They always roll their eyes and say, "C'mon, why really?" Glad I am not alone in this practice. :)

 
At May 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM , Anonymous Galit Breen said...

Oh I love this!

And you're so very right, how can we not lean towards one or the other?

(I adore that these turned into love letters of sorts to your kids! Love!)

 
At May 8, 2012 at 5:49 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Thanks, Galit. I love that! Love letters to the kids! The best part is that when my daughter yelled, "You hate me,' I made her read it and she smiled and the drama was diffused (for the moment).

 
At May 9, 2012 at 6:04 AM , Blogger The Sisters' Hood said...

Oh i love this ... my parents got away with saying 'you are my favorite daughter' because they had one of each ;)

 
At May 9, 2012 at 7:06 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Since I am the oldest of 5 girls, we always heard, "We love you all the same." :) I always say, "You are my favorite oldest boy/oldest girl/youngest boy/youngest girl" and that works, too. Thanks for the comment!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home