This Page

has been moved to new address

If This is a Foreshadowing of the Year...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

If This is a Foreshadowing of the Year...

I am in big trouble.

Leo has really stepped up this week. He went grocery shopping for me after practice, he went to work late to help me get the twins to school (I had to go to the school to turn in medical forms and was afraid to drive) and isn't going to his fantasy football draft that is out of town (this is HUGE). I'm a little afraid that means I look as bad as I feel. In any case, it means a lot that he is helping me out.

I finally felt better yesterday. I had some of my mom's soup and took the Advil (which the surgeon still doesn't want me to have) and as long as I didn't fall asleep, I felt fine. Which was hard because I was so tired. Anyway I was hopeful that things were turning around but the witching hour (Gia' dinner, bath and bed) hit and I was barely keeping it together. I just wanted to put my head on my pillow but I knew if I did, the fever would come back and it did.

Anyway, I finally fell asleep at midnight and Gia woke up at 1:00am. I caved and gave her a bottle. She went back to sleep and woke up again at 2:00, stayed up until 4:00 and then I finally put her down and let her cry. My alarm went off at 6:00 and I SHUT IT OFF!!!! I woke up in a panic at 7:05 (Nico has to be up by 6:30 to get everything done that he needs to). He was supposed to set his alarm but he set it for pm. He, of course, moved at the pace of a slug. I was dizzy from not getting much sleep but had to follow him around hurrying him to go (If my dad is reading this, sorry...I know that drives you crazy but it was the first day). He poured himself a bowl of cereal, all of his meds were set out and all he had to do was the fast treatment. He had to go to the bathroom (this is typical and one of the reasons he has to get up early) which set him back and before I knew it, he was out the door. I looked and none of his meds were taken and he didn't take the enzymes to school. Ugghhhh!!!! (I really hope my dad isn't reading this.) Now instead of going out with friends, he gets to come home and fight with me about responsibility.

Then it was time to get the twins up. Again, moving at the pace of slugs. I was still not feeling well. I got Leo up to help me, straightened Belle's hair, got Gia up and dressed and okayed Tommy's outfit. Everyone ate and we were rushing to go to a friend's house for the kids to be able to walk to school together. There was a scuffle with Belle and me about her shoes. We decided last night that she would wear her new gym shoes but this morning she changed her mind. I didn't feel like fighting that battle so she put on a pair that she wanted. Once at our friend's, Tommy joined a football game and never stopped. Grass stains and sweat and all. I was taking Belle's pictures when I finally noticed her feet. YUCK! I remembered why we decided on gym shoes. Her nails were gross. I was so embarrassed and in no way could send her to school like that. I asked my friend for nail polish remover and to her embarrassment, took it off right there (only to reveal nails that haven't been cut since she was 5).

We all walked to school and it took a lot out of me. I could tell I was fighting off another fever and just wanted to go home. All the forms were turned in, teachers were met, kids were safe in their classes and we set out back to the car that was a back at our friend's house which was about 4 blocks (I'm bad with stuff like that. Maybe it was more, maybe it was less) and a storm was rolling in. I walked faster than I should have to beat the rain, but I did it. I beat it.

You know, when you hear the word cancer, all you can think of is "I want it out." Knowing it might not have been, and looking at this recovery, maybe I should have waited (like when Gia turns 3!). There was not that option though so this is what I ended up with...a chaotic morning that I hope is not a foreshadowing of things to come.




2 Comments:

At August 23, 2011 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Declare Order said...

This makes me smile. It's raining you are straightening Belle's hair and polishing her toes. Maybe those meds are making you a little loopy ;) Sorry Gia kept you up...

 
At August 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

I'm glad I made you smile but for the record, it wasn't raining when I was straightening and I was taking off polish. But you are right, the meds do make me loopy and Gia did keep me up. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home