This Page

has been moved to new address

My Week at a Glance and Some Thoughts

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Monday, October 24, 2011

My Week at a Glance and Some Thoughts

After surviving the weekend we just had, I need a few days to recover. I don't think I'm going to get them this week. Today Nico has football from 6-8, Tommy has it from 6-7:30 and Belle has cheer from 5:30-7 and I am the carpool mom taking to practice. Tomorrow, Nico has basketball practice until 4:30 and then football from 6-8. Belle, Tommy, Gia and me are all going for our flu shots at 4 and there might be a chance Tommy has basketball practice. Wednesday, Nico and Tommy have an orthodontist appointment at 2:30, Nico has basketball until 4:30, Tommy has football from 6-7:30, Belle has cheer from 5:30-7, and I have a doctor's appointment at 5:20 (and Leo has a day business trip where he won't be back until Weds. night). Thursday, Tommy has football from 6-7:30, Nico has football from 6-8 and Belle has off. I am the carpool mom for Tommy. Friday, I am sure that all of my kids will want to have plans and by then, I will want to crawl under a rock and hide.

The funniest part of reading what I just wrote is that Leo and I just discussed me looking into going back to school for a masters in counseling. He wants me to wait until Gia is in school but I said if I start now and take a night class, I'll be that much closer to working once she is in school. He agreed and told me to look into programs. Now that I wrote what my week is like, how in the world am I going to fit a class in there? My dream is to make money writing but another dream is to be a counselor with my own practice (or join a practice where I can make my own hours).

After all that I said about not wanting to miss Nico's games, he scored a touchdown and I missed it! I can't even blame Gia. I was gabbing with my friends and though he plays full back sometimes, he doesn't run the ball as much as he blocks so after he came out after playing defense, I didn't hear them put him in for offense and I missed it. He said afterwards he looked to see if I saw (that alone kills me) and then came over and made fun of me that I missed it. Thank God (and B.B.) for the game tape and highlight video (thanks B.B. for putting that in) so I saw it but I'll be feeling bad about that for awhile. Good news and bad news about football this weekend. Good news is that both boys won their games and are a game away from playing in their superbowl. Bad news is that now we are dealing with overlap for both boys with basketball. That means racing from one practice to the next or missing practices and having coaches mad.

I am really frustrated with Blogger. It won't let me comment on my own blog or any other ones. It says I don't have a google account that will let me and then when I do an OpenID and try and do it from the blogs URL, it says I am not a member of that site. How can I not be a member of the site my blog is on. I have to put that I am a follower of my own blog?? How dumb is that? I am not going to do that just because of the sheer stupidity of it. Why do the simplest things have to be so complicated.

So...I am thinking of switching to Word Press and I am thinking of putting up a survey to see how often people would like to see new posts. I know I said this before but no one said anything so maybe if I do an anonymous survey, I'll get some feedback. I am a member of a few blogs and I know that I can't wait for new posts but I wonder if every day is overkill. I'm thinking of cutting back to every other day. Maybe not writing every day will leave readers wanting more. I'm not sure. I was always looking at it from the writing aspect. Not the reading one. After I write the blog, it inspires me and drives me to write in my books. It's kind of like exercising. If I don't just start, I won't do it but once I start, I go with it. Even as I wrote that, I laughed. Exercise has been the first thing off the "to do" list because either I am tired or busy...there is no "just starting" going on.

Because our weekend was so crazy, we are at the bottom of the barrel of food over here so I have to go grocery shopping. Here's hoping that Gia has turned a corner on her dislike for shopping and that most of it won't be spent with her screaming.

2 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Kendra Mareva said...

I know you've probably already tried this, but have you signed into your g-mail acct? Actually gone to the g-mail page and signed in there? That sometimes helps. Also, Blogger has a troubleshooting page and one of their recommendations when having this issue is to clear your cookies and your cache, http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050&topic=1697702
I had something similar happen with my account not to long ago and this fixed it. Hope this helps, otherwise I guess we'll see you at wordpress! :)

 
At November 4, 2011 at 2:05 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

I keep signing in but it won't let me stay signed in. It is so frustrating and is a lot of work to comment but I hate oot being able to respond back to the readers that comment. I have cleared out everything and still nothing. For now, I'll just keep doing this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home