This Page

has been moved to new address

Being Unhappy With Your Weight and the Quest to Change it

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Being Unhappy With Your Weight and the Quest to Change it

I absolutely loathe watching what I eat and counting calories and exercising and seeing the scale go up instead of down. It's the part of getting older that I hate so much. It's a rare woman that doesn't pay attention to the number on the scale (those that choose to weigh themselves) or let it affect their mood and I'm not one of them. Damn chocolate and strawberries...I didn't even eat that much of them. A cup of strawberries and just dipped, not covered (fine I had them 3 days last week but I swear it was just a cup each time) and apparently, Chocolate Crunch rice cakes do not help in the quest to lose weight. While we are at it, my beloved Propel probably does the same. Damn, damn, damn.

I feel sorry for anyone caught in my path on the way to losing these 10 freaking pounds. I know...it's not the number on the scale, it's the way the clothes fit and muscle weighs more than fat and it's not about being skinny, it's about being healthy and I won't be any happier ten pounds less and blah, blah, blah for all the sane, logical thinking. The experts might think I won't be any happier but I will be skinnier (10lbs. skinnier) and that makes me happy. The experts also say that "it took months to put it on and it will take months for it to come off." Yeah, well, I completely disagree! This ten pounds snuck right up on me and feels like it took only a week to put it on so I want it off in a week. There is a reason why there are no pictures of me since our ski trip. While we are having this discussion, it is my opinion that once you get off your rear and exercise, you should see an automatic decrease in weight. That is what would keep people (me) motivated to keep doing it. What is NOT motivating is exercising, first three times a week (after not exercising at all) and then three days in a row and seeing the scale go UP! That is not motivating. The only thing that motivates me to do is throw the damn scale out the window with the treadmill and weights after it. While we are on the subject of exercising, I will tell you one huge obstacle that I am having. I hate to sweat. Hate it. Some people love it and see it as a sign of working hard. I tried to do that but all I came up with was that it makes me hivey (I don't know if that is even a word) and itchy and I hate it.

I tried the points and the websites that count calories. I tried Atkins and South Beach. The thing is, those didn't work because I am looking for a lifestyle change, not a diet because people go off of diets and then gain the weight back (I wish I didn't know this from experience). The problem is that I am a picky eater and apparently I am picking the wrong things. I love when I hear that maybe I am not eating enough. Are you kidding me? Now I have to worry about eating too much AND too little? Geez, how do people even know what to put in their mouths? I tried to see food as fuel for my body and unfortunately the kind of fuel my body takes is strawberries and chocolate. Yesterday, after seeing the scale rise again after I thought I had done everything right (I worked out each of the days I had the strawberries thinking since I did one, I had to do the other), I decided I was going to eat three meals and have an energy bar at 4:00 because I wasn't going to be able to eat until after 7. After having my grilled Tilapia at 7:00, at 8:30, I was starving! You know what hungry people are? Mean. Yes, they are crabby and mean. I wanted to get on the treadmill but caught up with an old friend and then bedtime sucked the energy right out of me because I gave birth to a bunch of vampires that never sleep.

It does not escape me that in the grand scheme of things, having to lose 10lbs. is not that big of a deal and I should feel lucky that it is only ten because there are others that have to lose a lot more than that. Wanting to lose weight and watch what you eat and exercise when you hate doing it is not fun. It doesn't matter if you have 10, 20 or 50 pounds to lose. If you don't like what you are seeing, it's time to make a change. I don't like how my clothes fit, the number on the scale and that I have no energy so...I need to make some changes and yes, it is very glass half-empty, but I hate every minute of it.

2 Comments:

At February 29, 2012 at 5:06 AM , Blogger Kendra Mareva said...

As I know you're sick of getting advice, I'm a little leery of posting this, but have you tried going gluten free? I highly recommend it if you are looking for a lifestyle change that can greatly improve your overall health. Nowadays it's easy to do too since most grocery stores provide gluten-free alternatives. I tried a new gluten-free bread mix for my bread maker just yesterday and it was super yummo. :)

 
At February 29, 2012 at 6:20 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

You aren't the first person that I have talked to about going gluten free. I need to really look into that. I'm going to email you with some questions. Never be leery...post away. I love your insights and comments. :)

I am down two pounds with the three meals one snack but I AM STARVING!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home