This Page

has been moved to new address

Valentine's Day and Update on the Boys

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day and Update on the Boys

I am in the middle of writing a post about deep, everlasting love and to be honest, it's an undertaking to get what I want to say written. What is making it hard is that Leo just did something for me that to most, it would be no big deal but for me it was the biggest deal ever. First of all, with Valentine's Day two days away, I was telling him that I got him the funniest card ever (and maybe subconsciously telling him he better get me a card). He looked at me, eyes wide with panic and said, "Ok, we are getting cards but we aren't seriously getting each other something? You didn't get me anything, right?" I replied, "Well, I kind of got you an old standby." Right away he said, "Oh, Brut deodorant?" He was right. I LOVE the smell of that stuff and I don't care if it was hot in the 70's. I still like it and it smells more manly than the Axe that is polluting up the rest of my house. Anyway, his comment fed right into what I wanted him to do. I told him that since I knew there was going to be no gift that my gift could be that he could take the boys to their big CF appointment so I didn't have to pull Belle from school or drag Gia there. I don't handle those appointments well at all. I have already said that a million times. I feel tense and anxious and nervous that somehow it will be discovered that I am the worst mom of kids with CF.

I got a, "Maybe" and a, "Why don't we all go together?" We went to dinner on Valentine's Day and it was nice to reconnect. It's very hard to leave kids and bills and worries and gripes home and just enjoy each other but I think we did. We laughed a lot. I found out one of my favorite restaurants has my favorite wine (Moscato, which no one ever does) so that was reason enough to celebrate. At one point, I was teasing him and the conversation went like this:

Me: So, just out of curiosity, do you know what a grand gesture is?
Leo: Yes. Like a surprise. Like if I pack your bags and take you away?
Me: Well, that is a great surprise and a great gift, by the way, as long as you don't tell me I am going to Jamaica and take me to London...in November. 
Leo: Yeah, I know what one is. Like if I show up somewhere where you are at and surprise you with balloons and flowers and stuff like that.
Me: Yes. Something like that. Something that shows me that you still love me or vice versa. Something that screams out, "I love this woman and would do anything for her."
Dead silence for a few minutes.
Me: And since there is obviously no grand gesture coming, just tell me what it was about me that made you fall in love with me and you can be done.

He actually played along and told me which is proof, men that are reading this...we really are so, so easy to please. He might not know it but he did show me a grand gesture of how much he loves me. He took the boys without me to the CF appointment. It might not be a boom box outside my window but he saved me a lot of stress by doing it himself. In my eyes, that was better than a piece of jewelery. I appreciate it so much that he took that weight off of my shoulders.

The boys are doing great. Leo said everyone said that this was their best appointment yet. Nico gained 9lbs.Tommy gained 4. Both grew a few inches. Their breathing tests were off the charts normal. Hopefully their blood will come back okay, too. All in all, prayers were answered and the boys are continuing to do well. Thank God!


Side bar: Today, parts 1 and 2 of the blog came in the mail...in book form. What a complete rush! I am on a cloud right now just having it in my hands. It is professional-looking and makes me feel like a real author. It is so that I have something tangible of the writing I did all year and it is the best feeling. My kids' reaction to seeing in print was awesome. They wanted to read it and touch it and laughed at some of what they read. Nico wants me to buy a bunch of copies to sell. It is so cute how easy they think it is. I can't help smile when I look at it. I recommend everyone that has a blog do it!

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2012 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Kendra Mareva said...

It must be really cool to have a physical copy of all your hard work. Congrats!

 
At February 18, 2012 at 9:25 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

It is so unbelievably cool. Before I did it, there was always a fear that something would happen (because it did several times) and I'd lose all of it. There is a huge relief in knowing I have a copy of it. It feels so good, it is motivating me to move forward with my other writing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home