This Page

has been moved to new address

I Did It! Made the Jump Along With a Realization...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Did It! Made the Jump Along With a Realization...

I am a .com! I finally did it! Thanks to my readers that weighed in and the lovely bloggers at SITS Girls, I bought my domain! Nothing has really changed in that you can still find me by using the old address with "blogspot" in it but now you can also find me at:


All the important words of the title of the blog, which I have decided to keep! I have to admit now that the decision is made and it is done. I am so happy that people love the "tidbits" part. Even those that said to drop it, most said that they liked it but shorter was better and I agree and think that what I ended up with is a pretty good compromise.

It feels sooooo good to know that I have my own small piece of "real estate" on the web. (I totally stole that from someone over at the SITS site but can't remember who said it. If you are reading it, feel free to claim the credit.)

It feels good to be excited about something. I have a feeling that is why I had a bad "mommy" week. Feeling good about what I was doing in the hopes of fulfilling my dream of being a writer was clashing considerably with being a good mom. I have to strive to strike a balance and I completely missed the mark this week. Writing keeps me sane. It fills me up and it is something that I do for me. Being a mom makes me insane. It fills me up and is rewarding when it doesn't have me crying in the fetal position in a corner in my house  butting heads trying to get them to listen to me for the tenth time. I'm striving to be the best mom and best writer that I can be and it's frustrating that when one takes off, the other suffers. I don't believe for one second that we can have it all. We can try and we can pretend but something suffers. I recently started following a blog called The Dose of Reality and she talks about how the real "mommy wars" are with the ones keeping it real and the fakers. Check it out at You Want a Real Mommy War? It is a great read!

Speaking of keeping it real, I went to a baseball event last night where half the community was and this morning am wondering if I am more honest than I should be. It was refreshing to hear people say, "My week sucked in the parenting department this week, too" after we got past the small talk (which you all know I am incapable of). I have four kids that are sucking the money and lifeblood right out of us. I am not allowed to say that because it's not cool to admit that, right? I have no shame in saying that no, we are not poor by any means but we have one kid in braces, two that are in travel sports, one that wants to try everything (and dance and cheer are not cheap), one still in diapers, two cars that constantly need work (one that is about to die), a house that continues to need stuff and a grocery bill that keeps climbing in an economy that's not great. Why does it have to be a secret that there are some things that we are willing to spend money on and some that we are not? Why does everything have to be some pissing contest?


I'd love to know how your week was. Did you work hard on something and find success in it? Did you have a sucky parenting week? You can keep it real here with no judgement passed. Be sure to check out that link to The Dose of Reality!

7 Comments:

At April 22, 2012 at 8:27 AM , Blogger The Dose of Reality said...

First of all, thank you for sharing my blog! :) I feel totally famous now! I am pretty sure that Oprah will call me any minute to replace Gayle! ;)
Secondly, I love this post. So great! I, too, am guilty of the overshare. I figure when people start to slowly back away we weren't to be friends anyway!

 
At April 22, 2012 at 10:18 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

You are very welcome! I think when someone writes something as good as that, it should be shared. :) Thanks for the kind words about this post. I feel the exact same way about people!

 
At April 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Jenny Fortner said...

First off thank you for stopping by my blog! Hugs!

Second, congratulations on becoming a .com! It is a huge step! I was so nervous, when I made the desision, and when I redesigned the over all look. I even changed my blog name! I had butterflies during the whole process! Good luck!

Third, every mom has some level of "suck," factor in her week. If she isnt able to admitt that, than she is just weeks away from a padded room! Every mom needs know that she isnt alone, and there will be some level of bad, with all of the good and fun things that happen through the week. You are awesome, and just shy of Super Hero Mom! Hang in there Momma!!!

 
At April 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Thanks for returning the favor! :) I love your blog! You have the style of writing I enjoy reading. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

We are totally on the same page because I keep saying there is a padded room somewhere with my name on it. I think that is why I love to blog and read blogs. It makes me feel a lot less alone. Again, thanks for the encouragement in that area as well! :)

 
At April 23, 2012 at 8:27 AM , Blogger JenninNJ said...

Congratulations on getting your own domain! I did it 4 months ago and now I am thinking I need to change formats. Hopefully you will not have to do that anytime soon! It looks like a nightmare!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 7:57 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Jenn!!!! So good to "see" you here!! Please send me your new domain so I can follow you (if you are accepting new followers)! I have missed you and hope that all is well. I am taking a class to switch so that it will be less of a nightmare. Let me know if you are interested. It doesn't start until next week and the ladies are wonderful that are doing it.

 
At April 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Blogger JenninNJ said...

My blog is at www.ourunplannedlife.com I would love to see a class on how to switch the blog over! I have nearly a 1000 posts on my blog (combined the 2 blogs so it is longer then normal) and now I am terrified of doing the switch! Feel free to email me at ourunplannedlife@verizon.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home