This Page

has been moved to new address

Five Things I am Proud of

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Five Things I am Proud of

I wasn't planning on posting today. I was going to try and do an "every other day" kind of posting schedule but I saw Nicole's link up at Moments that Define Life and had to join in. I've been a bit of a "Debbie Downer" lately and want to turn things around. I agree that it's not in my nature to talk about things I am proud of because I think pride can sometimes be ugly but you know what? It's a link and I don't do it very often so I am going to do it today.

1. That all four of my children are healthy. I am proud of the fact that it takes a lot to keep them all healthy but they are for the moment so I will relish in that for today. Plus, they don't embarrass me too much in public.

2. My marriage. For all the times I get on him for doing more, I try equal it with telling him that I am still madly in love with him. I am proud of the fact that marriage is hard but we make it work.


3. This blog. I stepped waaaay out of my comfort zone and putting it all out there for people to read is scary but the rewards have been worth it. I might not be making money yet but "do what you love and the money will follow" is my life's motto. Or wait...my life's motto is "Have kids? Embrace the craziness." No, wait, it's "what you see is what you get." Anyway, it's one of them. I am proud of the fact that I love to write and I am writing.

4. Painting murals. Besides giving birth to my children, these murals are my pride and joy. I still can't believe I did them. I am in the process of doing one in Gia's room right now. It's the one here that isn't finished. I love getting lost in painting but have zero talent in the drawing or painting freehand. I am more of a paint by numbers kinda gal. Though I shouldn't say zero talent since I taught myself shading and I can draw a mean leaf. I, in no way used these images for profit. They were only used on my walls for my children's enjoyment.
Tommy's that is no longer since he was booted from his room. Our high school is the Falcons.
I did this when Belle was 4 and bless her heart, she doesn't want to paint over it though she is way past this stage.
I saw this picture and the little girl looked just like Gia and was a ballerina, which is what her room is done in.


5. Being a teacher. I know I am not actively teaching classes anymore but every once in awhile, the teacher in me creeps out. I loved telling people that I was a teacher. It meant something. It meant that I was making a difference in kids' lives and that I was reaching them and helping them and I got recognized and paid for doing it. I LOVED my job and I miss it all the time. I know that I still teach but in a different way and that is okay for now. Maybe I'll go back someday, maybe not but it still makes me proud to say I once was.


So what about you? What are five things you are proud of? Leave me them in the comments if you aren't a blogger or a blogger that just wants to write them here or head over to Nicole's place to link up there.


                                                                                                                                                              

20 Comments:

At May 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Blogger mrsbonnbonn.com said...

This is really good! Those murals are awesome. I'm going to sit down and think about 5 things I'm proud of:)

 
At May 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Thanks for your kind words! Can't wait to read yours!

 
At May 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Stopping by from Moments that Define Life. Great list you have there =) I'd love to see more of the murals you've created!

 
At May 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Love your list! Your paintings are gorgeous! I was also a teacher and I truly miss it. I know that I am doing what I should, and need to, be doing right now for our family, but I do miss being in the classroom. It felt like what I did mattered. I loved it.

 
At May 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to do more. I have a jungle one that I am going to do in the kids' bathroom. I'd love to find a way to make cartoons in my kids' images and do ones in their rooms of themselves. I can only do cartoon figures. :)

 
At May 29, 2012 at 3:13 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Thanks for the kind words. Like you, I know this is what I am supposed to be doing but every once in awhile, I'll get a pang of "Man, those were the days!" I bet you were a wonderful teacher.

 
At May 29, 2012 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Oh my gosh I love those murals! Don't sell yourself short those are amazing!!!

I have to admit that even though I don't say it I am also so proud of my kid's healthiness. I know some of it is just luck and genes, but there is also the part where they don't get all the colds and sickness, etc that makes me proud because I know that I am doing what I need to do as a mom!

Good for you for saying what you are proud of!

 
At May 29, 2012 at 8:36 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

It was definitely a foreign concept to talk about what I am doing right instead of doing wrong but I needed a break from focusing on that. :)

 
At May 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your murals!!! & your family is precious:)

 
At May 30, 2012 at 5:19 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by.

 
At May 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Life As Wife said...

You are such a good painter!!

You weren't kidding about the blondies! Think their hair will get darker as they get older?

 
At May 31, 2012 at 4:32 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Thanks for the kind words. Nico's hair used to be as blond as Tommy's hair and it is getting darker so maybe. Gia came out with almost black hair and then she switched on me. So much for the Italian genes being the dominant ones!

 
At May 31, 2012 at 8:34 AM , Anonymous Julie Jordan Scott said...

Thank you so much for visiting the list I wrote on my blog. You have much to be proud of... your children (and husband!) are darling and you have talent. Brava!

I also noticed you have an angel in heaven, as I do. Marlena would be 22 now... still shocks me...

I look forward to visiting again in the future, too!

 
At May 31, 2012 at 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very talented! Your family is beautiful..

 
At May 31, 2012 at 10:47 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Thanks for visiting and happy to hear you'll be back! Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoyed your blog and will be a frequent visitor.

I'm sorry to hear that you suffered a loss like I did. It definitely shakes you to the core.

 
At May 31, 2012 at 10:48 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

 
At June 3, 2012 at 7:40 AM , Blogger The Dose of Reality said...

Love this list, love this idea, love your blog! :) The murals are AMAZING! Wow! I am totally never playing Draw Something against you! ;)

 
At June 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

I LOVE this comment! You'd win in the game. I am only a good copier. I do the murals using an overhead projector. :) Thank you, thank you, thank you for the kind words! Made my day!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Nicole @MTDLBlog said...

This is a great list! I was a teacher too :-) It's a great profession and very rewarding in so many ways. I'm so glad you linked up and the prompt gave you a positive focus for writing through what sounds like a more serious time in your life. :-)

 
At June 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

So glad to see you here, Nicole. It's a great link-up! Yes, it was a great exercise in focusing on the positive instead of the negative. Thanks for the kind words!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home