This Page

has been moved to new address

What is Happening???

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Saturday, March 19, 2011

What is Happening???

I have entered into some kind of nightmare where all of my kids have a friend sleeping over, Leo stays out late playing poker and Gia is up ALL freaking night and then for good at 4:00am. Now, on a normal night, I would let her cry but because we have three kids here that don't normally sleep here, I didn't want the whole house up at 2 and then 3 and then again at 4. I am not going to go into specifics because it would make this too long but to give you an idea of how the night went, a half hour after Tommy's friend came over, Tommy was standing on top of one of Gia's toys trying to find a bubble shooter behind my wedding album perched on top of a 6 1/2' shelf (for the record, it would never be where he was looking). He was literally hanging from the shelf. The image of the whole thing falling on him flashed in my mind as I became, "Tommy's mean mom that yells really loud." Isabella, who never wakes earlier than 9 on weekends was up at 6 and when she and her girlfriend were laughing loudly after I finally got Gia back to sleep said, "Geez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," when I told them to be quiet. I deserve some sort of reward for the restraint I showed in that moment.


Why, do you ask, does every kid have a friend sleeping over when I hate sleepovers so much? Because at some point, if you don't say yes, you really do become the weird mom and then the fear is that because you are the weird mom, your kids become the weird kids. I feel the same way with playdates during the week. I don't like those either because with all the stuff going on with baseball, tumbling, tutoring, homework, dinner and Gia, the last thing I want to do is shuttle the kids around to their friends' houses from the hours of 4 to 6. I was told that EVERYONE thinks I am sooo strict because I always say no. Am I alone in thinking that their social lives aren't top priority? I mean, I hope they are making good friends and being good friends but do we have to spend every free moment with the friends? Are ALL the other kids getting together and forming unbreakable bonds that my child will not be able to join once the weekend comes? I am exhausted because I have fallen into that trap of not wanting them to be the weird kids. Shame on me because on top of not feeling that great and being incredibly sleep deprived, I am now so tired I can't see straight and that has made me become the mean, mean, snappy mom.

I had big plans to spring clean this weekend and the only thing I see in the near future is a nap but first I have to go buy Dunkin Donuts because I am not the "let's have a big, healthy breakfast" kind of sleepover mom. I am the "I was up all night so you are getting the food that takes the least effort to give" kind of mom.


Edited to add that the time on the blog shows when I started typing it. It is actually 8:00 now.

5 Comments:

At March 19, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Blogger degochic said...

I hate sleepovers too! kids rarely want to sleep at my house because I am totally NOT the fun mom at all. I actually make them do quiet things and go to bed (or at least I try) at a reasonable time. but then the problem becomes the sleepover at the "fun" mom's house. she let's them do whatever the hell they want (which one time included watching a rated R movie--I was livid!) and she let's them stay up all night (literally!). I don't appreciate my child having no sleep and then being cranky and not being able function the next day. so aggravating. and then I am mean because I say no to the sleepover! ugh!

 
At March 19, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Blogger degochic said...

oh and I forgot, last time I told my son that he had to sleep at least 5 or 6 hours and I tell the mom these things too hoping at some point she will be a responsible parent. so what do they do? she let's them stay up until 5am and then he got up minutes before I picked him up to go to 11am mass. ugh!

 
At March 19, 2011 at 12:54 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

That is unbelievable about the 5am and then getting up right before church! Apparently I am not the fun house either. Tommy said his friend didn't have any fun here. My kids are such bears right now that Leo and I decided this was their last hurrah. Never again. I say it every time and then I give in and end up with unrecognizable children.

 
At March 24, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Blogger sloyer_d said...

Hey...you know Im a great babysitter? We need to do a Saturday with the kids...for them to get to know me....then I could come over one night and spend the night. You and Leo can go and do whatever you want. I'm really good. I keep my phone right by me so you can call me fifty times. And I can stay up all night if needed cause I am fresh! Share the load peanut. I'm on it! Bring it!

 
At March 25, 2011 at 5:23 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

C'mon over!!! You don't have to ask me twice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home