This Page

has been moved to new address

Time Change, Sleep and Money

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Time Change, Sleep and Money

I woke up today with every intention of going to church. Nico doesn't have baseball for once and I really want to get back to going. Two things happened that stopped my efforts. The time change and Leo let me sleep in. Why do we even need the time change? There are already not enough hours in the day and now we lose one? You'd think it wouldn't be that big of a deal but Gia isn't sleeping and the other kids keep asking for breakfast and it's already almost 1:00. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate and needed the sleep. Leo woke up with Gia and like a dad that knows his daughter, fed her away from me so she wouldn't cry and compel me to get up with her. When he wakes up with her, I can't help but feel how much he loves me and cares about me being okay because one more night of not sleeping and I would not have been okay. When I go more than two nights without sleeping well, I get weepy and short-tempered and I think he sensed that was happening. I appreciate his efforts and won't complain tonight when he plays basketball. Why is it that the minute you CAN sleep in, you can't sleep? I stayed in bed willing sleep to come back but a million thoughts kept it from coming.

I really do think money is the root of all evil. I set out to do this blog so I could kickstart a writing career. Along the way, I found that I really love writing it. The money/business part of it has muddied it somewhat. I have a friend whose daughter is so creative that she really could sell her work but she chooses not to. I never understood it until now. If I ever do try and make money writing, I'll need to have someone else handle that part of it. For me, once you mix business and money with creativity, the creativity part gets weighed down and spoiled a little (which my friend's daughter probably knows). It's funny, I remember when I got an interview for the teaching position I wanted. I was so excited because the competition was so cut-throat. When I told Leo how it went, he asked me how much it paid. I had no idea. I didn't even think to ask. I wanted to teach. I wanted my own classroom. I couldn't wait. The money never even occured to me. When I got the job, I was ecstatic. Leo, again, asked how much I was going to make and again, I forgot to ask. I just didn't care. I was going to teach and them paying me was just a bonus. Let me sidebar here and say I am pretty sure this is why I have to raid the money jug we have periodically. I feel the same way with writing. The money just messes it up. Now if I was offered money to write, I am no dummy...I'd take it and have Leo deal with that part.

2 Comments:

At March 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Blogger sloyer_d said...

Ann...I work with lots of artists. We have had the discussion many times. Art is so aesthetic...creativity is. Each person values it very differently. It’s hard to put a monetary value to our work. And I find...if you are any kind of person with a heart...as many creative people are...we are often too humble about it's value. Our God given gift is just as valuable as the big math guy next to us.

BUT IT DOES HAVE GREAT VALUE. I sometimes I think our creativity is the most wonderful part of our world! Where there is, all too often, too much bad for me to breathe. Creativity, ideas, discussion, art...things that lift up, allow people to feel heard and understood, supported, things that inspire, or cause us to stop and let go of all that worries us, etc. How could we make it day to day through this mess of a life without those things as respite? I for one, value them immensely.

FACT: The greatest ideas...inventions that drive our civilization came from someone daring to be creative AND most times...against a bunch of critics and odds. Creativity...you know, that passion we have for it and our strong desire to express our innermost selves, thoughts and ideas…these shared create dialog, growth, joy, understanding, compassion…I can go on and on. I just looked this up and think I will read it.

http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Creativity-Artist-Modern-Vintage/dp/0307279502#reader_0307279502

Left Brainer's ROCK! I love this blog and you are making me want to also!

 
At March 13, 2011 at 2:41 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Glad I could inspire you, Di since you have always inspired me with your creativity!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home