This Page

has been moved to new address

Please Have a Laugh at My Expense

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Please Have a Laugh at My Expense

This has been one long bad mommy week. It's been the kind of week that I pray will be lost forever when it is done and that no one will look back and remember how much this week has sucked.

I am at war with my children right now. I am not afraid to admit that the children I love with all of my heart are getting an "A" in testing the limits and mouthing off. Up until yesterday, I at least had sweet, sweet Gia but she turned into the devil yesterday. I swear right before my eyes, she might as well have spun her head around and projectile vomited pea soup. Every single moment of yesterday was a battle. Lucky me, I even had to take her to Target because we were out of water and Gatorade (Nico had a game) and I am back to Black Cherry Propel being my crack/cocaine and I was out. Of course I had to go to the one that is 20 minutes away because the one down the street doesn't have it, nor does the Dominick's, Ulta or Jewel that is down the street. Plus I had to get a few gifts. Well, I couldn't get half my list because my sweet baby girl turned into Linda Blair right there at Target. It is frustratingly obvious that she hates any work I do on the computer and doesn't care that her mommy wants to grow bigger with her blog. She refused to eat all day, hasn't napped in 3 days (which is usually when I work on the computer), has been up at the crack of dawn (again when I try and blog) all week. She was in bed by 6:30. She's not sick. She is just two.

I will only say with the other three that I am battling and so far I am winning.

I am sharing with you this story so that you can start your day with a laugh or if you are having one of those days, you can say, "Well, at least that didn't happen to me!"

We have new siding. Someone asked me if we won the lottery because of all the work we are doing to the outside of the house (this pains me to type when I know how much work I want done on the inside of the house). We did not win the lottery. The insurance is covering the siding and if I ever did come into a windfall of money, siding would probably be the last thing I'd spend it on. Everyone keeps asking me how I like it and to be honest, I have no opinion. I don't pay any attention to the color of houses and until it came down, I thought my house was gray. It was actually blue. It is now brown. They were supposed to be done in one day. That was the sales guy's big pitch for why we should go with them. I thought they were done in two but turns out it took three. Because I thought they were done and I hadn't been able to exercise in two days, I resumed my Zumba exercising in the kitchen. I have done it so many times now that I sort of know the moves so I was really getting into it when in my concentrated salsa dancing state, I heard the doorbell. Yep. It was two of the siding guys. They needed to put in the down spouts or something. I didn't really hear him. I was wanting to crawl into a hole. I did see him trying not to laugh while telling me.

That was bad, yes but not the most embarrassing moment. On day one, they came at 7:00am waking up the whole house. I didn't even have a bra on and literally just got out of bed. I raced to move our cars still half asleep. Everyone woke up, I got everyone to school and then I had to get ready to go to the hospital to see my sister. I raced to my bathroom. We have windows in our bathroom but they are so high up that no one could ever see in them (our bathroom is a few steps up from our bedroom) so I don't even give a second thought to getting ready in there. So there I am hurrying to get ready and I am putting deodorant on with just my underwear and no bra and I look up and what do I see? Yep...siding guy. At first he is facing to the side and not looking so I cover myself and think maybe he didn't see but nope. He looks in and smiles a smile that said, "Too late. I already saw." Mortified...

I don't know if I should be flattered or offended that on the second day, not every guy came back but the one that saw me naked did.

So fess up...make me feel better and tell me an embarrassing story of yours or tell me your are having a crappy mommy week, too.

5 Comments:

At April 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh my, I'm laughing with you, not at you! If it makes you feel any better I have had a terrible week too. And these kids? So not helping things. At all.

I need a vacation! :)

 
At April 19, 2012 at 9:37 AM , Anonymous Laine said...

Oh I know the feeling! Especially your last paragraph. I was in the shower once, and expecting my sister to come over. When I heard a knock at the front door I assumed it was her and that she was just a bit early. So I threw a towel around myself and, dripping wet in a white towel, went and threw open the front door. It was a police man. He wanted to tell me the back door to my garage was open and check that everything was ok. I don't know who's face was redder, mine or his.

 
At April 19, 2012 at 11:11 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Okay, knowing that it is not just me does make me feel better (even though I don't wish this kind of week on anyone). Thanks for letting me know I am not alone.

I do too! I soooo need a vacation!

 
At April 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing that! I don't feel as bad knowing other people's embarrassing moments. Too funny!

 
At May 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM , Anonymous Nutrition Ebooks said...

hy, What you wrote was very nice, and really helped me, thanks for sharing

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home