This Page

has been moved to new address

5 Shows On My DVR

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Friday, June 1, 2012

5 Shows On My DVR

It's been awhile since I've discussed TV and with all the heavy posts, it seems like a good time to lighten it up and discuss some of what is on my DVR. Since I am a HUGE TV fan (love the escape), I will only do the top 5 on my DVR.

American Idol: I was a huge Phillip Phillips fan even though, the name...what is with the name? Who does that? It makes me wonder how many John Johns, James James' and David Davids there are in the world. At first his facial expressions and little dance thing bugged me but truthfully, I never really sat down to watch it. It was always on in the background when I was doing a hundred other things and when it was his turn, I just loved the way he sounded. I was very happy that he won.

The Bachelorette: I wasn't going to do it. I didn't think Emily could pull it off and I was afraid it was going to be a whole lotta, "I'm doing this for little Ricky" and yes, it is like that but she surprised me. She has a little sass to her and she's getting rid of men left and right. Plus the thought of watching a whole bunch of cute guys fight for a woman makes for good TV. I was dying when they showed the outtakes of Alessandro's interview and the last relationship he had was with his cousin! I don't have a favorite right now but I am liking Charlie.

The Real Housewives: I am not totally caught up but on the Orange County one, I have a hard time with guys that the women date after they have started the show. There are three: Brooks, Eddie and Slade. They all seem like they are after their fifteen minutes of fame. I saw a glimpse of a fight between Tamra and Alexis but didn't see the whole thing, something about talking behind each other's back. Hmmm...so 4th grade to housewives...same old, same old.

I have only seen some of New Jersey. Enough to still not like Teresa and I'm still not liking her brother but Melissa isn't bugging me as much. Is Teresa's Joe really that big of a jerk or is he just "acting big"* while the cameras are on? It's odd because I didn't really mind her on Celebrity Apprentice (didn't really care who won as long as it wasn't Aubrey). So who is the real Teresa? Still love Caroline and all her higher than thoughness (don't know if that is a real word but I like it). Love, love, love Jacqueline's husband, Chris and that Ashley is out of there.

*"Acting big" is what my sisters and I used to say if we ever had a friend over and we acted differently than we normally did.

Sister Wives: Why do I love this show? Why do I care about these people? I have no idea but I do. I don't even care for Cody but these wives have me caring for them. Maybe it's because I can't figure them out. I can't imagine sharing Leo. I don't get enough of him now. What would it be like if when he wasn't around, he was with another wife? I don't think our windows and other breakables would survive. Unless...there was a wife to cook and clean and a wife to babysit. Wait, and a wife to fix things around the house...ahhh...maybe then...nope, not even then. So much distress among the wives. I love that they are showing the "reality" of any marriage through Christine and really didn't like the advice that Mary gave her and how she ended up telling Cody, "Sorry for being ungrateful." They both need to work on it but suddenly it is all on her? If she would get fixed, they would be fine. Really don't like that.

Dance Moms: Again, why do I love this show? Abby walked off in the finale of the original and I started watching the Miami one. I am convinced this one is really fake. The way the one girl talks to her mom...not enough money in the world would make me sit and take that crap. They are all a bunch of back stabbers. There is one mom, Kimmy's mom, who is so normal that I feel bad for her. Kimmy is adorable too. I use it as a life lesson because I watch it with Belle and usually the boys get sucked in. The best part is that Gia likes to imitate the dancers which cracks me up.

Okay, this is number 6 but I have to include it: Touch- Leo and I watch this show together and all I can say is what AMAZING writing. The concept to the stories...great show. The way it drives the point home that we are all connected in some way. Genius writing.

So those are the shows that are on my DVR that I have caught up on (you might ask how I have time to watch all of these but that is why I am only now watching American Idol and I watch after the kids go to bed while I fold the endless loads of laundry). These aren't the first five (6) but I didn't think you'd want to hear my opinion on Minnie's New Bowtique or what has been happening in the world of Bubble Guppies.

You might ask why I don't watch more shows that have an actual plot and that is because TV is my escape. By the time I sit down to watch, my brain is a little fried. I do watch some but thankfully they are on hiatus right now with the exception of Law and Order: SVU which is #7 and I really have to gear up to watch it.

Your turn. Tell me the top 5 shows on your DVR. What's everyone watching these days?

27 Comments:

At June 1, 2012 at 7:23 AM , Blogger mCat said...

Totally with you on the Jersey housewives. I.can't.turn.away.

Love Caroline. Teresa has gone bat-shit-crazy but I love her brother Joe and Melissa.

I think Kathie and Richie are now some of my favorites.

And Guidice? Straight up for real (in my opinion) dude is a class A D-bag and I am amused watching him just waiting for the next ridiculous thing to happen with him.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 8:27 AM , Blogger connan said...

I just bought Dish new Hopper and I can tell you that you can record all five of these shows at once, plus one more with the Hopper. The Hopper would really benefit you because its PrimeTime Anytime feature automatically records your prime time shows in HD that come on CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX everyday. These recordings only stay on the DVR for eight days and does not subtract from your 500 hours of HD recording space. A Dish co-worker told me last week that I can even skip my PrimeTime Anytime commercials!

 
At June 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Pondboys Angling Adventures said...

Lost now that Grim is over I will probably get sucked into watching the bachelorette with the wife.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 10:58 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

I think Kathie and Richie are some of mine, too. Richie is a little pot stirrer, though. I think he likes to get Joe Gorga riled up. It's painful to watch Joe Guidice sometimes.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

You're a good man to get sucked in and watch with her. :)

 
At June 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I was so glad Phil Phillips won Idol. But the name? I mean, really. Why do that to someone. My dad went to school with twins, their last name was Flowers. First names? Wax and Artificial. I would have changed my name!

I'm addicted to The Bachelorette. It's a guilty pleasure for sure. But that guy dating his cousin? Um, yuck. So far I don't have a favorite for this season yet. There are a couple that I think are okay, but we'll see how they turn out.

Oh and Sister Wives? Love it. I don't know why, but I have to watch it. I need to get caught up on the new season though.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I haven't seen any of these shows.

My DVR favorites are all on break right now but they include Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and most recently Scandal.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 1:49 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

I love that we watch the same shows! Someone new to talk about them with! Are you kidding with Wax and Artificial?! That is so mean to do to your kids!

 
At June 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Amy - Counting My Kisses said...

Oh my goodness, the Hubs & I LOVE Touch! And LOL on Sister Wives...I've gotten sucked into that show & I can't figure out WHY I keep watching, but I do, although I think I'm a few episodes behind now... :) Stopping by from Listable Life, great post! :)

 
At June 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Jessica! So happy to see you here! I know...I pretty much watch complete junk when it comes to TV but it's only because I don't ever have any time to get into any of the good dramas out there.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Aw...so glad you stopped by! Thanks for your kind words. Love the name of your blog. So happy we watch some of the same shows so we can discuss. :)

 
At June 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Every time I read one of your posts I have one of those "we must be soul sisters" moments. I am a reality show junkie every since I had kids. Before kids I loved all the SVUs and West Wing and all those other great shows, now it's the trashier the better. My mind just can't handle thinking that hard when I am watching TV.

RHONJ - I love Caroline and I think Chris is the unsung hero on the show. Actually I think that Jacqueline and Chris are the most normal of all of the couples.

And so happy that Phillip Phillips won. I thought he was the only choice.

So the other night I was Cake Boss with my youngest and an commerical for Sister Wives came on and my youngest was asking a ton of questions about it! Kind of hard to explain to a 5 year old!

The only show I don't watch is The Bacheloette. I never could get into that series.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 11:04 PM , Anonymous me said...

Grimm, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Smash, Cougar Town, CSI-Vegas. On Demand is a great thing.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 11:15 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

I love that about being "soul sisters"! I feel the same way when I read yours. I love, love, love Chris and I think he is pretty cute, too. I am sort of half watching The Bachelorette and as soon as Charlie is gone, I think I'll stop. I hate that they don't let the romance unfold (they used to) and they keep the crazies for drama purposes.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 11:16 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Jim! I wish I had On Demand. I think it would help me watch better shows. No room on my DVR with all the trash TV and kids' shows (and poker stuff).

 
At June 2, 2012 at 5:45 AM , Blogger Alison said...

I watch none of these shows- but I do watch Hoarders. Shhhh, my dirty secret.

 
At June 2, 2012 at 6:28 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Ahhh...I won't tell. Don't tell that it is number 8 on my list on my DVR. I can't get enough of that show. It makes me feel like I am the neatest person in the world. :)

 
At June 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Life As Wife said...

Girl we could be best friends! My DVR is the same practically!

I love Emily and was so excited to hear she was going to be the next Bachelorette. I really think this season is making up for the crap that was Ben's season.

My favorites? Charlie, Arie, the football guy/sports trainer (though he was a little cocky this last episode), and Seth has stepped out there.

 
At June 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I don't watch any of these shows. I did watch Celebrity Apprentice. I'm totally with you on not wanting Aubrey to win . . . she was, we'll just say not a nice word!!!!

We don't have cable we have Netflix so I don't DVR anything.

My guilty pleasure Jersey Shore . . . so embarrassed to admit that one! I just love Pauly and Vinny!

 
At June 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Love, love, love this comment! I like Arie and I can't remember who Seth is at the moment. I loved the look on the one guy's face (the trainer, I think) when he caught Emily and Arie kissing because he WAS so cocky in the last episode. I hope it knocks him down a notch so I can go back to liking him. He was so cute on their first date. Totally agree...Ben's season was AWFUL!

 
At June 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Did you hear what Clay said about her? I nearly spit out my drink and can't repeat it hear but it was hilarious!

Ahhh...yes, Jersey Shore. I tried watching that but since I am Italian, I was too embarrassed to keep watching. :)

 
At June 3, 2012 at 7:54 AM , Blogger The Dose of Reality said...

I could read TV posts all day long. Since you read my blog, you know that I watch The Bachelorette, too. I kind of have to, Emily's daughter (little Ricki) goes to our school.
My fave shows tend to be more of the drama variety, though, although I do enjoy reality TV as well.
The Good Wife, Private Practice, Scandal, Amazing Race and Survivor are probably my Top 5.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 7:09 AM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

She does????? So, do you know Emily? Those are all good shows and if my brain wasn't so fried by the time I get to watch TV, I'd watch those too. :)

 
At June 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM , Blogger The Dose of Reality said...

I wouldn't say she is a friend or anything (Ricki is younger than my daughter) but I have seen her a few times and have a great picture of Brad in carpool line from last year. Email me sometime and I will send it to you! ;)

 
At June 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Missy | Literal Mom said...

Fellow Bachelorette junkie here! Watching it RIGHT NOW. Also loved American Idol. I'm a huge Big Brother fan for summer TV. I just taped the Hatfield and McCory mini-series and will watch that over the next week of so. Kind of fascinating!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Totally going to email you! I am so star struck and I never run into celebrities. So funny!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM , Blogger AnnMarie said...

Ha! Missy, Hatfields and McCoys is the series that Tommy watched! I have it on my DVR right now and can't wait to hunker down and watch it. Going to watch the Bachelorette right now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home